Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What is the deal?

A weeping willow I've become, crying, sleeping all the time
Light passes through me from the sun, but still living in the dark
I sit and wait wondering when this will end, my fight is nearly done
I watch the tree’s around me, swaying back and forth
Moving through the time of day stretching to the sky
And yet I feel as I've become, the roots inside the ground
Dark and moving further down, sinking till I break
And I can say I don’t give a shit, I’ve finally broken down
Do the thing you want to do, I’m tired and will not fight
Break my roots like you have done stronger than me you've become
Let me start a brand new tree or leave me in the ground
Dying and feeling its okay, another root will take my place
I’ve nothing left to give…. my life is surely done

No comments:

Post a Comment