Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hero’s in the Dark

 Hero’s are the people, who brave the dark
Get up each morning and live with heart
I walk fearlessly, alone and unafraid
Until on that morning, when I feel betrayed
Sadness is surrounding me, my spirit starts to die
Now I am feeling all the pain, I look to you and sight
My life is unfamiliar. A hero no more lives
Fear that I'm not worthy, I hope he can forgive
So the silence comes among us, I beg please let me see,
What am I to learn from you, or please just set me free
Just let me fall into the night, a wakeless sleep I seek
Laying in the tall the dark grass, I cry myself to sleep,
Mumbling words to god in pain, I ask why you left me
Falling in a peaceful sleep, no pain upon me face
Softly someone speaks to me, while holding me in grace     I hear the words spoke clearly; I have never left your side  
You go through times when life is good,
then feel like somethings died
When feeling lost, all alone, and all you do is cry,
Stop and look at me and I will be your guide
Life is never what you plan, your best is all I need
Remember there is something there; it’s bigger than you see
So deep in sleep I feel release, to my pain and suffering
Control obsession I know I have, finally is set free
I sleep right now in God’s lap, his arms around me tight
Protected, and I feel so loved, He kisses me goodnight
Until the time I understand the path in front of me,
I take a break and dream a dream of beauty that I see
When the time is right for me, God will show me how
For now I feel his love for me and love myself somehow
In my tears he takes my hand his message becomes so clear
Hero’s are people, who brave the night,
They are God’s soldiers. who carry the light
Hero’s are the people, that can never stay down
Hero’s are the people, sent by God’s own hand
I am a hero in the light, I am a hero who braves the night

Written By: Christy Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment